Announcements updated August 6
- We are officially in “shut-down”. We did have one positive case of Covid-19 present in the August 2 morning service, and consequently we will conduct only a minimal schedule of services until Wednesday night, August 19.
- Face masks, gloves, and sanitizers are available in the foyer, and social distancing in all services is strictly encouraged – especially in times of ingress and egress.
- Morning Worship will be conducted on August 9 and 16, but we are encouraging online worship as opposed to in-house worship, and also the use of face masks for all who do choose to worship in-house.
- No nursery services will be provided on August 9 or 16.
- There will be no Sunday School on August 9 and 16. Sunday School will reconvene on Sunday, August 23, at 10:00 a.m.
- There will be no Midweek Service in-house or online on Wednesday night, August 12. The full schedule of Midweek Services will resume on August 19.
- Evening Worship at 6:00, Joyful Song Choir rehearsals, and printed copies of the Order of Worship will resume on Sunday, September 13. (There will be, however, a trial restart of Evening Worship only on Sunday, August 30.)
- The church website is updated each Thursday by 5:00 p.m.
- Contributions can be placed in an offering tray before or after any service, sent by mail (148 King Road, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 or P.O. Box 15907, Hattiesburg, MS 39404), or dropped by the church office.
- Updated prayer lists and church directories are available daily on the foyer table.
- Awana will resume on Wednesday night, September 2, at 6:15 p.m.
- The Church Conference scheduled for August 16, which includes receiving a vote to ordain Chad Seals as a Deacon, has been rescheduled for August 30.
All people attending Magnolia services, and who enter the building on formal or informal occasions, are asked…
- To avoid shaking hands, hugging, and other forms of personal contact.
- To practice “Social Distancing” by maintaining as much as possible a separation of approximately 6 feet from people outside of your family circle.
- To use hand sanitizers available in the restrooms and to practice hand washing.
- To be diligent in covering up any coughing or sneezing, preferably by coughing or sneezing into your inner elbow joint or top shirt opening.
- To dismiss yourself if you feel ill, have fever or shortness of breath, or if you have recently been in the presence of sick and/or hospitalized people.
- To wait two weeks before attending services if you have traveled to subject areas, or have had close contact with such travelers.
- To otherwise use common sense to avoid spreading disease, and to help in keeping the building to be a clean, controlled, and disinfected environment.
- To be mindful of the special needs of our senior-aged members at home and in the services.
Weekly website (magnoliabaptistms.com) updates on Thursdays by 5:00 p.m. will continue during the CoronaVirus threat.